Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Napping House by Audrey and Don Wood ~ Kindergarten though Grade 2 ~Literacy Activities and {Freebie!}







It's my week to create the Kindergarten team's literacy outline of objectives and activities and our book is The Napping House by Audrey and Don Wood.  This book is such a delightful book filled with sequencing and vibrant illustrations!

As I started digging deeper, I also realized that The Napping House has a beautiful shades of meaning activity built right in.  There are several words that mean the same as sleeping.  These words snoring, dreaming, dozing, snoozing and slumbering.  I added more word cards including nodding off, napping, hibernating and resting as well as t-chart headers for sleeping lightly and sleeping soundly.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Below is a freebie that is included in the complete 34 page literacy unit I uploaded to Teachers Pay Teachers.  Students cut out the pictures and glue in order on a strip of construction paper.  Depending on the grade level, students can number, write sequence words or write a sentence starting with a sequence word under each picture.

 Click the picture below to be directed to the master for this activity.



My complete K-2 Literacy Unit can be found at TpT.  



Happy reading!

2 comments:

A New Day of Learning said...

You are so amazing! I can't believe how many great ideas you have! Each project you do is so unique!

Trifecta Book Reviews said...

Thank you~ I am surrounded by amazing teachers like YOU! Smiles~Theresa

 
back to top
Pin It button on image hover