Friday, May 10, 2013

Rice~Sensory Activity for Word Sorting


I have had so much fun this week working in small groups on literacy activities focusing on nonfiction and frogs as well as extending lessons to the /r/ blends of fr, cr, dr, pr, and br.  I used the colorful, practical pictures from Frog Frenzy listed in my previous post (Link) to create a sensory sorting activity with my younger students.

I used a bowl of rice and cut apart the pictures.  Kids went digging for pictures and squealed when they found one.  We read the pictures and sorted by beginning blends.  This was such a simple, useful sensory activity to engage students in their learning.  It all goes back go Jean Piaget...kids need to be actively engaged in activities to "cement" their learning.




Cheers,

No comments:

 
back to top
Pin It button on image hover